Organically Grown on Terra Madre Farm. Watercress is a green leaf vegetable rich in vitamins and minerals and from the same family as kale and broccoli.
It’s rich in provitamin A
Watercress is rich in beta-carotene, or provitamin A, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. This vitamin is important for vision, iron metabolism, the immune system, and healthy skin.
Watercress is also:
- A source of vitamin B9 (cell renewal, which is very important for pregnant women for the development of the fetus, growing children, and people recovering from illness).
- A source of vitamin C (the immune system, collagen formation, energy, the nervous system, fatigue, iron absorption)
- A source of calcium (healthy bones, muscle contraction, blood coagulation, energy). It is very easy to digest.
- A source of iron (cognitive function, red blood cells, the immune system, energy, lowers fatigue)
Watercress also contains:
- Antioxidants: Zeaxanthin, lutein, and flavonoids